It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Client Uninstall Error

Fábio Castro (6311215) | asked Oct 13 '13, 11:19 p.m.
The Win7 image was reinstalled in my machine, because of this I tried to install RTC Client 4.0.2 but the installation failed.

I tried to install again but appears a message that the RTC was already installed, I selected to repair installation but it failed also.

I tried to uninstall RTC by Control Panel but when I try it I receive this message below.
Title: Uninstall Packages
Content: A internal error occurred during: "Uninstall Packages"
Details: <blank>

I tried to remove the content of Team Concert directory but the error continue and I'm not able to reinstall RTC Client.

Comments
Kohji Ohsawa commented Oct 14 '13, 3:53 a.m. | edited Oct 15 '13, 2:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi  Fábio,

Are you using Installation Manager?
If so, what do you see in C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\logs?

Fábio Castro commented Oct 14 '13, 8:12 a.m. | edited Oct 14 '13, 12:52 p.m.

Yes,

I'm using Installation Manager, but I can not see logs folder.

Is there anyway to uninstall RTC Client manually?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Oct 14 '13, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 14 '13, 9:54 a.m.
If this is the only product installed with IM then you can just delete the C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager folder. And based on the other error you saw "Content: A internal error occurred during: "Uninstall Packages"" There may be a problem with the data in your profile. You should delete that directory  as well.
C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Installation Manager

Warning:
If there are other products installed via IM deleting these folders will make it impossible to update them.
If this is the case, I would suggest more troubleshooting.

If we do need to do more troubleshooting, another way to find and open the logs is in IM. Go to File-> View Log
You can open the logs there and it should include the path to the logs in case they are not in the default location.

Fábio Castro selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Fábio Castro commented Oct 15 '13, 2:46 p.m.

Thank Karl... this procedure worked...

I've removed C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation and C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Installation Manager and C:\Users\All Users\IBM\Installation Manager and worked.

But when I installed RTC Client again I had to remove C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared and in the installation change IBMIMShared directory to C:\IBM\IBMIMShared

Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
Patrick Remington (2013) | answered Oct 14 '13, 1:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Fabio, if you installed the client with Installation Manager, you should uninstall it with Installation Manager rather than going through the Control Panel.  In the Installation Manager, click File > View Installed Packages to see if the client is still there.  If so, on the main Installation Manager screen, click Uninstall, select the package for the client, click Next, and follow the prompts to uninstall.  If that works, try installing the client again, through Installation Manager.

Comments
Fábio Castro commented Oct 15 '13, 2:42 p.m.

Same error when I try to uninstall by Installation Manager... I could uninstall removing Installation Manager directory in Program Files and App Data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.