It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to chosse only few changesets from snapshot

Kondreddy Obula (1133) | asked Oct 09 '13, 10:57 p.m.

Hello..

I am enabled post-deliver option in build definition, it will move  latest changes from development stream to integration stream and snapshot will be created by build engine on the Integration stream. I have another scheduler enabled which will look for latest snapshot on Integration stream ,if Yes then it will fetch the latest code from Integration and start Build and Deployment. Assume this snapshot contains 4 change Sets but i wanted to take only 2 change sets for build and deployment from Integration stream, how can we achieve this ?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 13 '13, 5:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You will need to explain this a bit more clearly.  When you say "I have another scheduler enabled which will look for ...".   What is this "scheduler"?   Is it some script that you wrote that you run periodically?   And when you say "if Yes, then it will fetch ...".   What is this checking ... if there is a latest snapshot?   Or do you mean something like "if the latest snapshot is different from the last snapshot that was built by this script"?   And then, how is the script going to determine which change sets you want, and which change sets you don't want?

Kondreddy Obula commented Oct 14 '13, 2:42 a.m.

Hi ..

We defined Build definition (BLD1) with post-build deliver option which will run every 1 hour and move change sets from Development stream to Integration stream which are delivered by developers from their local work space. Build definition will create new snapshot on Integration stream when post-deliver activity completed. Here I have question, How to customize the snapshot name which is created by Build definition, I do not want to use ant build for it to customize only for snapshot name.

Kondreddy Obula commented Oct 14 '13, 2:42 a.m.

After completing BLD1 job we have latest snapshot on Integration stream. As per my requirement which should build and deployed automatically to my RnD environment, to achieve this we have defined another Build definition (BLD2) with Ant - Jazz Build Engine option which will run every one hour. We have written ant script which will check for any latest snapshot on Integration stream, if it found any new snapshot then my ant script will proceed with Build and create ear file, I am using Ant build toolkit for fetching the latest code from integration stream for build. Assume developers are created 4 change sets and delivered to development stream

Kondreddy Obula commented Oct 14 '13, 2:43 a.m.

as part of BLD1 job will move the all 4 change sets to Integration stream and then it will create the snapshot. Now BLD2  job will pick up this snapshot and start the Build but here my requirement is I wanted to choose only change set 1 &2 for build instead of all 4 change sets.  Now I am able to choose only snapshot so all the 4 snapshots are picking for build. Is there any way to choose specific changsets from the snapshot before fetching the code from Integration team for build?

Pls read all 3 post togetther for the complete requirment...

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 14 '13, 8:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ant tasks are provided for a few of the most common RTC SCM interactions (see https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_workwithscm.html ), but you will need to use the RTC  command line from within your build to get this level of control.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.