It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Real-world examples, tutorials, and best practices

Russell Wright (1114) | asked Sep 12 '07, 7:40 a.m.
Our team has recently begun using Jazz to manage a project with a team of about five people. We've studied the Jazz documentation and Eclipse Way documentation, so we have a reasonable understanding of the concepts for both. However, to better understand how best to use Jazz and the Eclipse Way we would like to see some concrete real-world examples, tutorials, templates, and best practices documentation. Can you tell me where I can find this type of information? Thanks.

12 answers

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Sep 17 '07, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Bill is right that we are using the Jazz plan documents and work items to get our user assistance work done. We few UA developers joined Jazz just recently, so we are *several* milestones behind.

However, we have a plan to get the user assistance up to good standards so that Team Concert will have good docs.

You can also see the User Assistance page in the jazz.net development wiki, where I have begun by describing the mission and high-level architecture of the Jazz user assistance. A good content plan takes serious planning, since resources are limited. Componentization also complicates things.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/UserAssistance

Seth Packham

permanent link
Corby James (5166) | answered Oct 16 '07, 5:23 p.m.
Our company has recently started working with TC and are working on some of the things you're looking for to help with the internal roll out. I have a team of 5 or so focused on it. As we get further along, I'll share what we put together. PM me if you are initerested.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.