It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.4 WEB interface -- Comments are not adding to work item

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked Oct 09 '13, 10:17 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '13, 12:11 p.m.
upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 RTC CCM. Eclipse Client is working. Web Browsers FireFox, IE and Chrome are not updating discussions. Add a comment, save and the window is blank. Any ideas?

Additional information on any work item type that has the Discussion tab duplicated to another tab on the form fails when you try to add a comment to the overview tab. However, if I go to the tab where the Discussion field has been duplicated I can update with a comment and it is reflected on the overview tab.

If you remove the duplicated section from the other tabs in the presentation the overview tab will work. Once you duplicate the discussion section as shared to any other location on any other tab in the work item the Overview tab Discussion section will not function. You can add a comment and save but it is blank. If you go to the tab with the duplicated section and update with a comment it is saved and is duplicated on the Overview tab. Something is broken in 4.0.4 this worked in all previous versions of 3.x and 4.x.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 09 '13, 11:59 p.m.
I can reproduce the problem. As you said, it is only when the Discussion field is duplicated to other tab(s) this problem occurs. You should open a ticket with IBM Rational Support to confirm whether this is a defect.

Comments
Wendy Murphy commented Oct 10 '13, 7:32 a.m.

I did open a PMR 67688,L6Q,000 and they reproduced the issue and opened what I believe is an enhancement request in your private project so I can't view it.

Wendy Murphy commented Oct 10 '13, 7:33 a.m.

this is not an enhancement this has been functioning in our system since configured in 3.0.x and as recent as 4.0.3. We upgraded our servers to 4.0.4 and the functionality now fails.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.