It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to accept incoming changes identified by a work item query (work items located in other & friend jazz instance) ?

Gael CROVA (2145) | asked Oct 09 '13, 9:52 a.m.
retagged Nov 22 '13, 12:49 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,
We have to accept changesets from work items that are considered approved (can be identified by a RTC query)  into a dedicated build workspace.
Our work items and source code changesets are located in different instances of RTC (but same version 4.0.3). (So change sets are considered as "Remote Change Sets" in work items)

Is there any way to perform this action ?
Thanks
Gael

5 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Oct 10 '13, 9:46 a.m.
Hi Gael,
Hi Gael,
For flowing changes between two different repositories, I am not aware of another option.  If you have an idea on how to improve this function, or need additional functionality, please open a RFE on jazz.net. 

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Oct 10 '13, 9:41 a.m.
Hi Gael,
If there are multiple change sets that are waiting to be accepted , and the goal is to only accept a subset of these change sets, I believe this is going to be a manual process of accepting / rejecting change sets.  

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Oct 10 '13, 9:31 a.m.
Hi Gael,

let me know if the following helps

Flowing Changes to different repositories
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.scm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftflowchangestodiffrepo.html

enabling Distributed SCM
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftenabledistribscm.html

Comments
Gael CROVA commented Oct 10 '13, 9:39 a.m.

Hi Abraham,
The "Flowing Changes to different repositories" solution would help us if our stream was a little bit smaller. For information, our stream is containing more than 8GBs of source code with a enormous history so we can't plan such action.
Thanks for this solution but it seems we need another one.
Gael

permanent link
Gael CROVA (2145) | answered Oct 10 '13, 9:16 a.m.
Hi Abraham,

What do you mean by Distributed SCM (is this scm command line ? ) ?
Do you have any link to examples/documentation about this tool ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Gael

Comments
Gael CROVA commented Oct 10 '13, 9:31 a.m.

OK I'm sorry, I just checked the point on our RTC instances.
This option is already set to true and it is not really helping us, so problem is back to my first question regarding how to only select incoming changesets that are linked to identified work items.

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Oct 10 '13, 9:02 a.m.
I think Distributed SCM can meet part of the requirement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.