It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I link a Test plan in RQM to a Doors NG Module View?

Matthew Bradshaw (51315) | asked Oct 09 '13, 5:19 a.m.
 I have created a module of requirements in DOORS NG 4.0.4, it has some requirements artifacts within it as well as some headings.

I can link a module to a test plan but if I want to run the test reconciliation wizard all of the headings appear as possible requirements to create tests for.  If this was a long document there is no quick way to only select module content(not headings).  

I can see two ways of completing this:
1. In the reconciliation wizard, if the artifact type was a column type, and the columns could be filtered to only show content and not headings.  Then the select all check box could be used for this.
2. Like the standard DOORS - RQM link. a test plan can be linked to a module view, not just the entire module.  This way the module view for "module content only" could be selected and the same feature would be possible.

This is obviously because DOORS NG is still RRC in reality and a view isn't an artifact in it's own right. Can you please let me know if this is possible or there is a workaround in the current set up or should I raise an enhancement request?

Thanks Matt

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 16 '13, 11:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The work I reference above will remove the need to manually create a collection and keep it consistent with the view.  The RM application will present the contents of the view as an OSLC collection to other tools automatically.

permanent link
michele choban (1644) | answered Oct 16 '13, 11:54 a.m.

Is it possible for you to create a collection from the View and then link to the collection?  The only problem then is there is no way to auto-sync collections created from Views to pull the latest and greatest view info (that I know of).  It would have to be a manual process to update the collection.  This would allow you to link the test plan to the collection.

I also found #1 to be frustrating, as I expected to see DNG attribute columns in the list of columns to select from when reviewing rqmt data in RQM.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 09 '13, 7:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The 4.0.5 milestone builds include capability (2) in your list above. This is the release under development this quarter. You could try out 4.0.5 M2 (but don't use it in production).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.