It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get teamArea createdBy and creation date using java api?

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Oct 08 '13, 5:57 a.m.
My requirement is to find out Team Area changes history like who has created teamArea ,creation date, modification date, modified By? Does anybody know how to get this data for teamArea using client api? However I am able to get modification date and modifiedBy value for the teamArea, But I want to get createdBy user and creation date.

Thanks in Advance,
Nilesh Patil

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Oct 08 '13, 7:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you looked through Ralph's blog? http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=team+area I always start there when I have Plain Java Client questions. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 09 '13, 2:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have not tried that and I am not even sure the data is there. What you can try is the following.
All IAuditables have states, especially predecessor states and merged predecessor states.
A state is derived from modifications and can have as a max a predecessor state and a merged one. The tree of these predecessors make up the history of an object.

You can try to

1. Get the team area.
  2. Get the predecessor states and the merged predecessor states   teamArea.getPredecessorState(),             teamArea.getMergePredecessorState()
  3. Do the same from these states.
  4. Once you found the first state you can look at the, teamArea.getModifiedBy() and teamArea.modified()
As I said, I am not sure this history is created for team areas and if this would work, but it would be worth trying.

Comments
Nilesh Patil commented Oct 09 '13, 5:20 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for quick response :)

Is their any other way to know who has created team area and Creation date. I want to track who has created teamArea?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.