It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

migration of historical data when switching to Insight

Prasad Vasiraju (1548) | asked Oct 07 '13, 2:35 p.m.
I am testing the use of Rational Insight. Part of the process is to point the data warehouse of the RTC repository to the one created for Insight. Then we need to suspend the data collection jobs in the RTC repository and set them up in the Insight ETL server. The question I have is; how do I transfer the old data in the RTC repository to the new warehouse it is now pointing to.

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Oct 08 '13, 9:16 a.m.
Hello Prasad,

as far as I know it's not possible to merge the historical data from multiple data warehouses.

This thread discuss a similar scenario:
Merging data warehouse databases

Best Regards
Francesco

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Oct 08 '13, 4:37 a.m.
Hello Prasad,

if you want to retain the old data from your RTC repository you should keep the current data warehouse that you have for RTC and during the Insight setup point to that database when configuring the data warehouse.

Best Regards
Francesco

Comments
Prasad Vasiraju commented Oct 08 '13, 9:07 a.m.

Francesco,

Thanks for the reply. However, what do I do if I want to use Insight with multiple RTC repositories as data sources, and want to retain the historical data from all of them.

Thanks
Prasad

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.