It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we require a certain eclipse client level?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Oct 06 '13, 9:11 p.m.
We are using an RTC 4.0.0.1 server, and we have started using some v4-unique features.  We would like to enforce the use of a 4.0 client.  Is there any way to configure the server to not allow users to login using a 3.0 client?

Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 07 '13, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

I am not aware that this is possible. N-1 compatibility is supported (with limitations to new features not available in the Client).

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Oct 07 '13, 2:54 a.m.
Hi Susan,
I found very old jazz.net enhancement for that: "Notify user of new version of client" (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=42754). You can subscribe to track the progress of it.

Let us know if this is what you wanted to have.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Oct 07 '13, 4:47 a.m.

Thanks .. that work item really is to notify them that one is available, and I actually want to not allow them to Login at all with the N-1 client.  Since we are using new features, we don't really WANT to allow the N-1 client to be used.

I've opened a new enhancement to provide that capability.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.