It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the RQMExcelImporter utility compatible with Microsoft Excel 2013?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 04 '13, 2:28 a.m.
Good Morning,

Is the RQMExcelImporter utility compatible with Microsoft Excel 2013?  If so, which version?  Would I have to make any changes to the Excel configuration?

After testing it with RQMExcelImporter 4.0.3, it loaded correctly after the first time I ran Excel 2013 post installation, but from then onwards it stopped loading, even though it is selected as an Add-on.

Regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Oct 04 '13, 7:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Andrew,
Currently, Office 2013 is not on the supported version list for the tool

Below is a snippet from the prerequisites section

Prerequisites

The following software is required to be installed on the computer where the Excel / Word export utility is to be installed.

• Microsoft .NET framework - v2.0 or later
  • Microsoft Excel 2003 or later
  • Microsoft Word 2003 or later
  • Microsoft Word/Excel 2010 64bit. (supported from Excel/Word Importer 4.0)
  • Requires write permissions to the log directory  C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Mso2Rqm
  • Requires write permissions to the registry, and permissions to do HTTP request. 
  • * the best practice is to use the user with the admin permissions on windows to do the migration.
  • Starting in CLM 4.0, when creating a RM project area linked to a RQM project area, check "Use a template to initially populate the project." and choose "Base". In addition, in the RQM Project Area management and the Overview tab, add the current user ID to the members section and "Data Migration Administrator" role has been added to the user.

I would anticipate that 2013 will be supported, but it will need to go through the standard testing cycle

Ara 
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Kenichi Toyotome (624) | answered Mar 18 '15, 1:47 a.m.
Ara,
I also would like to confirm whether Excel Importer Tool already supports Microsoft 2013 version.
Please advise.

permanent link
Fabiano Pereira (1165) | answered Mar 19 '15, 9:54 a.m.
 I have the same question. Is there any version of the RQM importer compatible with Office 2013? I installed the version available with RQM 4.0.3 but the menu options are not even displayed on Word/Excel. 

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Mar 19 '15, 11:36 a.m.
I know that in some cases your "Region and Language" settings under the Windows control panel have an effect on the utility's visibility in Word and Excel ribbons.  Try making sure that your "Format" is set to "English (United States)"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.