It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report templates are missing

Bharath M (5465428) | asked Feb 12 '09, 8:39 a.m.
Hi ,

Not sure how this happened but I dont see any Predefined Reports under "Shared Reports" of my project area. Also, when I try to create a new report it doesn't show any templates.
Is there an easy way to get all the predefined reports/templates into my project area. If so, where can I get those reports from?

Thanks in advance,
Bharath

9 answers

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 12 '09, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bharath,

Try this:

(1) Got to "Team Artifacts" view
(2) Find & expand your project area
(3) Find & expand the "Reports" folder
(4) Right-click on the "Reports Templates" folder
(5) Select "Update from folder..."
(6) Browse to <RTC>\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common_*
(7) Click OK

See if that does the trick.
You can also load templates individually by right-clicking and selecting "New > Report Template..."

This is a solution from a users perspective. I'll let the Reports team comment further on how the report templates went missing in the first place

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 12 '09, 9:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Update from folder action won't add any missing templates. It will just update the existing ones.

Which process template did you use to create your project area?

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Feb 13 '09, 2:37 a.m.
Mike, thanks for the solution.

Rafik, we have used Eclipse Way Process template to create the project area.
If I'm not wrong, there will be some predefined templates and reports that will flow along with the process template...right?. PLease correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Bharath

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 16 '09, 9:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you deploy the various report templates, you need to assign them proper ids. Here is a Wiki that lists the various reports templates and their Ids.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsOutOfTheBox

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Feb 19 '09, 7:33 a.m.
How can we upload report templates to a process template, so that they flow into the project area , when the project is created from that particular process template.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 19 '09, 6:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/jazzdocs/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/t_include_reports_in_process_config.html

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Feb 20 '09, 12:57 a.m.
Hi Rafik,

Thanks for the document. But sorry to bother you with my naive questions. In that document I see the second step as "Add report templates as attachments to the process template". Do we really need to do this. In the sense, we can directly add the templates in the process configuration tab under "Server Follow-up actions."..right?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Feb 20 '09, 7:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the templates you are adding are any of the templates that come bundled with with the server, use the plugin / File option and not an attachment.

If this is a new template, then you have to use an attachment.

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Feb 23 '09, 1:30 a.m.
Hi Rafik,

Thanks for explaining this. I think I understand the report templates much better now.

Thanks again,
Bharath

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.