It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I check in and deliver a file using the scm command?

Jeffrey Cheng (1133) | asked Oct 03 '13, 7:38 p.m.
retagged Oct 08 '13, 3:05 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
When I try to deliver a file to the stream, I get the following error. Also, I'm unable to add a comment to my checkin using the checkin command. How would I do this?

Process Reports:
  Name: Deliver
  Participant Reports:
    Name: Descriptive Change Sets
      A work item or change request must be associated with the change set or a
comment must be set.
Problem running 'deliver':
'Deliver' failed. Preconditions have not been met: A work item or change request
 must be associated with the change set or a comment must be set.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Oct 04 '13, 3:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Jeffrey,
please follow this document 
and let us know if this helped.

Thanks,
Eric

Comments
Jeffrey Cheng commented Oct 04 '13, 12:56 p.m.

I read through that document and I have a follow up question from the doc:

After the change set is created, you can associate it with a work item and add a comment. To assign a work item, use  lscm changeset associate . To set the comment, use  lscm changeset comment .

I'm unclear about how the work item comes into play here. Could you clarify this? Also, do I need to parse the uuid of the changeset? I simply want to check in a file.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 05 '13, 11:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Work items come into play because a work item is a much better way to add metadata to a change set than simply setting a comment.  So a stream owner can decide whether to require a work item be associated with a change set for that change set to be delivered to that stream, or whether a change set comment is sufficient (or whether neither is required).   If you simply want to check in a file, none of this applies ... a checkin can always be performed.

Eric Jodet commented Oct 07 '13, 1:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Jeffrey,

more on this topic in the InfoCenter:

Thanks,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.