It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to use Link->Affected by Defects (to link to defects created in cross projects)

Ivy Ho (4711419) | asked Oct 03 '13, 9:58 a.m.
retagged Oct 07 '13, 10:43 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

I have created a RTC work item   1234 in project A

I have created some defects in project B and some defects in project A

How can I link the defects using  "affected by defects"  to my RTC WI 1234.?

Is that any configurations that can link two project area together? Thanks

Comments
Ivy Ho commented Oct 03 '13, 9:59 a.m.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Oct 03 '13, 10:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 03 '13, 10:04 a.m.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_linking_projects.html

Rational Team Concert > Administering > Administering change and configuration management project areas > Working in the Eclipse client > Creating and modifying project areas

Extract from help :
Adding associations
You can create an association between a project area and another project area or another type of artifact container. After you establish an association, you can link artifacts, such as work items and plans, between the project area and the target artifact container.

hope this helps.
Ivy Ho selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ivy Ho (4711419) | answered Oct 03 '13, 2:29 p.m.
 Thanks you for your prompt reply. Will this added, will it be possible to use the default chart widget that RTC
provided to chart the OPEN, CLOSE, VERIFY states of cross project defects  in one chart? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.