It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving work item through web client taking too long

Milan Krivic (98010172140) | asked Oct 02 '13, 7:15 a.m.
 Hi,

I created a new type of work item with some predefined and custom attributes.
Through RTC Eclipse client, everything works well, but through web browser (Gchroome, Mozzila, IE9), on first saving this type work item, Saving takes too long, and never complete.
If I save work item through RTC Eclipse Client, and open it through web browser, I can continue to make changes and saving to the same work item without any problems.
I am using customized process template, and all other work item types works well in both client types.

Anybody seen similar issue?

Regards,

2 answers

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Oct 02 '13, 9:00 a.m.
Hi Eric, 

I found this error in jazz.log: 

2013-10-02 13:01:32,902 [WebContainer : 14 @@ 13:01 s30mikr /jazz/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rest.IWorkItemRestService/workItemDTO2] ERROR com.ibm.team.workitem.common                        - Error invoking default value provider 'com.ibm.team.workitem.valueproviders.DEFAULT_VALUE_PROVIDER._OeoG4AplEeOKYYibhLv3vw'
com.ibm.team.rtc.common.scriptengine.UnknownTypeException: 'com.apisit.providers.GetUrlBegin' is not a constructor

The problem was in my default value provider written in JavaScript for custom atribute with id  'com.apisit.providers.GetUrlBegin' 
This worked well in version 4.0.3. I had to remove default value provider from this attribute.

This is something what could be definitely investigated.

Regards,

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Oct 02 '13, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Milan,

can you share with us the source for GetUrlBegin.js ?
Or send it to me (eric_jodet@fr.ibm.com) if confidential.

Thanks
Eric.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Oct 02 '13, 7:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Milan,
you may want to use Firefox and Firefox to check where time is spent when saving from the WebUI.
If stuck, such issue related to customization are more easy to investigate through a PMR - https://jazz.net/help/support/

Thanks,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.