It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Expected code 200 OK but received code 201 with message: Created

Sanjay Patel (121) | asked Oct 01 '13, 12:58 p.m.
 I have build definition and build engine configured to reference Jenkins server job. When I request a build from RTC I see two entries for the build. The first one always fails with following error:

Error starting Hudson/Jenkins build for job "flexcatGA1":
java.io.IOException: Error submitting build to Hudson/Jenkins. Expected code 200 OK but received code 201 with message: Created
at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.startHudsonBuild(HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.java:283)
at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.processRequest(HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.java:141)
at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.run(HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.java:107)
at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopScheduledTask.runTask(HudsonBuildLoopScheduledTask.java:43)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.async.AbstractAutoScheduledTask.executeTask(AbstractAutoScheduledTask.java:88)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor116.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy510.executeTask(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.runTask(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:153)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.run(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:116)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)

Some where in the forum I saw that this is a bug and there was a workaround listed to modify permissions for anonymus  user. But that did not help. I have two questions:

1. Why does it generate two entries?
2. Is this a bug? Any workaround?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 02 '13, 3:02 a.m.

Hi Sanjay,
What is your RTC version you are using? Also had it been working for you for any previous version?

Sanjay Patel commented Oct 02 '13, 9:40 a.m.

My RTC client version is 4.0.2. I can't upgrade to any newer version other wise my client will be incompatible because the server is not at the newer version.

This is the first time I am trying to reference Jenkins build definition and build engine from Jenkins job definition. All this is brand new and I am doing this first time.

2 answers

permanent link
Gustavo Reis (13927) | answered Dec 17 '13, 7:38 p.m.
It seems that Jenkins changed the response for successful created jobs since version 1.519.

Either downgrade Jenkins to 1.518 or update RTC for 4.0.3.

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Oct 02 '13, 12:24 p.m.
It looks like job is getting created , What is the complete log looks like? Can you please share?
Can you also get the engine system logs as well to check what is really happening at the jenkins.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.