It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Repository workspace wouldn't show LOADED inspite loading it programatically in RTC gui?

Ratheesh P (3546) | asked Sep 30 '13, 11:20 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:20 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hello,

I wrote an eclipse plugin to create and load a repository workspace from a RTC stream when a button is pressed from eclipse button bar (using java api's).

Everything works well, but after creating and loading the workspace, it doesn't show the components as loaded under Jazz administration perspective > My repository workspaces. > Newly created workspace.

In eclipse project view, pending changes view and on hard disk I can see the components properly loaded.

Under Team > Jazz Source Control > Sandboxes , I can also see the repository path added correctly.

Why is that missing in Jazz administration perspective ?

regards,
Ratheesh

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 30 '13, 11:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you considered into the Load Action in the SDK? Maybe you have to notify other listeners to make the UI aware that the load was actually done?

Ratheesh P commented Sep 30 '13, 11:32 a.m.

Yes, manual load in the RTC gui works perfectly.
I checked the java api's to findout more on load functionality, but could not find much about further listeners to follow.
Would you recommend looking into RTC code?

regards,
Ratheesh

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 30 '13, 11:42 a.m.

Yes, I would suggest to set up RTC with the SDK and look into the code that is called when loading in the RTC client if you can find it. It is certainly not part of the API itself.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Nov 13 '13, 12:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I took a look at the code that Ratheesh had attached to the work item and it had a typo. Load was being called on the parent stream used to create the workspace, not the new workspace created. Once he fixed that, things look good. Detailed discussions are in Repository workspace wouldn't show LOADED in spite loading it programmatically in RTC GUI (created via custom plugin, and not the existing Load Wizard) (289064).
Cheers
--Rupa
Ratheesh P selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Oct 31 '13, 2:33 a.m.
 Hi Ratheesh,
    I'm curious to know what you're trying to achieve here? The exact same thing can be done from the Team Artifacts Navigator, using context menus. Is it that you're trying to use a UI gesture via a button instead of a context menu?  

The load API would just load the repository workspace, they will not call upon the TAN to refresh itself. That will be done by RTC UI code by listening in on events, just like Ralph says. That's the right way of doing it in any case - API gives you back some data from the server, how you render the data in the UI is out of scope for an API. 

I don't know if that part of the UI code can be extended - I can find out, but I'd like to understand your use case and where it's coming from first.

I'm curious to know what happens if you restart the Eclipse Client on the same Eclipse workspace? Do the components/repository workspace show up as loaded now?

Cheers
--Rupa

Comments
Ratheesh P commented Oct 31 '13, 3:51 a.m.

Hi Rupa,

wanted to have our own wizard due to the following.
- We have to load the workspace in a hierchical way (not as a flat list) and this hierarchy is created using a dynamic loadrule. When our wizard runs, it creates the loadrule file and then creates and loads the workspace using java API's. Creating dynamic load rule file will not be possible using existing RTC wizard.
- own wizard will reduce the number of clicks.

regards,
Ratheesh

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 31 '13, 4:02 a.m.

Since Plugin Spy does not allow to look at context menus, you could try to use YARI or other inspection tools to find the action that is called upon load in the Eclipse client SDK and try to reuse as much as possible. Be aware, this might include internal API which has the risk of being unstable.

Sreerupa Sen commented Nov 03 '13, 1:42 a.m.

Hi Ratheesh,

What happens when you restart Eclipse on the same workspace? Does it show up as loaded this time?
Cheers
--Rupa 

Sreerupa Sen commented Nov 04 '13, 9:08 a.m.

Hi Ratheesh, 

Couple more questions. What's your  client side OS? And, did you have to refresh the Pending Changes view for the workspace to show up or did it do it on its own?
Thanks
--Rupa

Ratheesh P commented Nov 07 '13, 11:08 a.m.

Hi Rupa ,

please find my answers below.
What happens when you restart Eclipse on the same workspace? Does it show up as loaded this time?  -- Nothing happens after restart

What's your  client side OS? --- Win7, 64 bit. Eclipse 3.8. RTC 4.0.3

Did you have to refresh the Pending Changes view for the workspace to show up or did it do it on its own? -- No, when the repository workspace is created using the API, the selected stream appears in the "pending changes" view automatically. But not the comparison of the workspace with the stream. (I cannot attach the screenshot here).
If you could provide your email I could sent this. This is what is confusing for me, why the stream is shown in the pending changes view and not the comparison.

regards,
Ratheesh

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Nov 11 '13, 12:51 p.m.
 Hi Ratheesh,
    I've opened Repository workspace wouldn't show LOADED in spite loading it programmatically in RTC gui (289064) to track this - so we should continue this conversation there. Would you please attach screen shots to that work item?
Thanks
--Rupa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.