It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connect two computers with RFT to QM via adapters.

igor lyubin (131518) | asked Sep 27 '13, 8:11 a.m.
If we connect two computers with RFT to QM via adapter, after some time one of the adapters changes its name to the second one and stop working, so we can't run tests on that machine. Why is this happening and how we can deal with this problem?

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 16 '13, 2:27 a.m.

it is not clear what you mean "one of the adapters changes its name to the second one"? did you change the adapter name to something else and it stops working? How did you do the change?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alan MacDougall (16) | answered Dec 06 '13, 1:23 p.m.
Check the adapter options on both machines located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\IBM\RFT\RQMAdapterOptions.pref
Make sure that the
rqm.rftadapterid and rqm.adaptername parameter are not that same in both, if they are, remove the identical value(s) from one of machines.
igor lyubin selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Martin Wassermann (13864144) | answered Dec 06 '13, 6:03 a.m.
I have the same problem. I have two virtual machines with different host names and IPs. As soon as I start the second adapter (the adapters has different names) the connection to the first adapter get lost.

I use following scenario:
- VM RFTTEST1 with installed RFT (v8.3.0.2)
- VM RFTTEST2 with installed RFT (v8.3.0.2)

When I start the adapter on RFTTEST1 the adapter is shown in the adapter console of the RQM. If I start RFTTEST2 I still only see the RFTTEST1 in the adapter console.
Now, if I stop RFTTEST1, the adapter is still in the adapter console with status available. Only if I stop RFTTEST2 the adapter RFTTEST1 is shown as Unavailable in the adapter console.

It seems to me that both adapters have in RQM the same ID. Maybe that’s the reason why the two RFT overwrites each other. Is there a solution or a workaround for this problem?

Comments
igor lyubin commented Dec 09 '13, 2:25 a.m.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/132669/how-to-reconfigure-rft-adapters-on-virutal-machines-to-distinguish-them

I asked the same thing again and one guy gave a link to the corrected answer. Yes, adapter's ID are the same and you can delete those .pref files with them. After that reconfigure adapters. (Though if they are created identical again, you should use sysprerp on virtual machine, or change the UID of VM or smth like that. I hope you won't need to do it.)

permanent link
igor lyubin (131518) | answered Oct 11 '13, 10:23 a.m.
Hi.
- Both machines - windows 7 pro x64.  With static  IP.
- RQM -  4.0.0.1
- RFT  -  8.5 (before we are used 8.2.2.1 the same  problem)
- Adapter console show me always that it connected. And  there are no any specified errors.

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Oct 16 '13, 7:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are the two systems Virtual Machines? 

igor lyubin commented Oct 17 '13, 7:07 p.m.

Yes, both machines are virtual. 

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Oct 03 '13, 2:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Igor,

What is your environment setup? Do you have a dynamic IP? What version of RQM and RFT are you using? What does the adapter console show?

Thanks,
Deepa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.