It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

execution trend report vs. execution by test schedule

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Sep 27 '13, 5:05 a.m.
retagged Sep 27 '13, 1:50 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
Our customer has frequent problems with execution trend report, he relies on the data provided by execution by test schedule but unfortunatelly the first one is a graphic report that has a higher acceptance by management. I am not sure how to get a recent snapshot. I can only run the ETL jobs (which are scheduled in JTS, CCM and RQM) and the time stamp of the data ware house screen shot seems to be the ending time of 'Quality Management Jobs for Quality Manager', which surprises me, since Quality Manager is an existing project area but not the one used for development.
Still, once I have a new screen shot, not always I have new data in the execution trend.
Can anybody help me understand the dependencies ?

2 answers

permanent link
Andal Prassan (1871) | answered Oct 07 '13, 3:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Execution by status schedule -> Displays a detailed view of your testing effort,including information about weight, point status, and execution attempts. And this is a live report.

But execution trend report -> Displays the actual test execution progress against the planned progress. This report uses weight to determine how much work is complete, how much work is left, and whether progress is being made as expected.
This is a data warehouse based report so make sure that the data collection jobs have been run successfully.Make sure the TCERs are associated with the test plan and test milestone(s) in the report.
The days behind or ahead of schedule information is based on the date of the last data collection job.

permanent link
Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- (2033) | answered Jan 21 '14, 9:37 a.m.
Hi Silvia,
It happened the same to me; it would be great to have the "execution by test schedule" report in a graph...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.