It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can requirements be updated through a CSV import?

Ian Symondson (1111) | asked Sep 27 '13, 4:41 a.m.
We are using RQM 4.0.4 and I have imported a set of customer-provided requirements from a CSV file. They will be upissuing those requirements - how can I update the requirements in RRC/RQM? Is there a CSV import facility that can update existing requirements?
We are not in a position to share our RQM/RRC repository with the customer due to various lock-down restraints so we need to be able to update them from an external source.
Any help would be appreciated!

3 answers

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | answered Feb 27 '15, 5:09 p.m.
Until the current release RRC/RDNG doesn't have the capability to update requirements through csv imports, only ReqIF from what I know.

You may want to check https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=44296

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Sep 30 '13, 1:21 p.m.
 Hi Ian,

Take a look at this link: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
Go to the section 4.0 Requirements.  The screen shots starting there will walk you through how you can do this and make reference to the sample that shows this ability.  

Comments
Ian Symondson commented Oct 14 '13, 8:34 a.m.

The importer does not appear to support updating requirements (using RQM 4.0.4 and associated importer).

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Sep 28 '13, 5:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ian,

While I'm not 100% certain, I don't believe that CSV import supports this ability. However you should be able to accomplish this by using ReqIF import/export.

Comments
Ian Symondson commented Oct 14 '13, 8:34 a.m.

Unfortunately we cannot get the requirements in ReqIF format, only RIF format, and there are no tools to convert between the two formats.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.