It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error message "JazzAdmins" repository permission is required to perform CSV import of the work item.

Udaya Puthuraya (8811421) | asked Sep 24 '13, 2:30 p.m.
While  importing a defects through CSV file,  We get the error message  "JazzAdmins" repository permission is required   for few work items.  Many work items imported/created successfully baring  some(about 25 in this case).

I picked up one of those record and tried import that to isolate the problem.  I get the same error message.
Could not create work item from defect_1.csv (Line 2)
Could not create work item from bug 1: User "xxxxxxx" does not have the required permission to perform this operation. The "JazzAdmins" repository permission is required to perform this operation.

I checked each of the user ids, all enumeration values in the input record, to make sure they exist and they have proper mapping in the xml mapping file. I do not see any issue with the input data.  My colleague also verified  with  another pair of eyes.

Normally  permission issues with the process specification gives different error message like "Could not create work item from bug 93: Permission Denied"  during the import.

We also gave all the  highest roles to the user including modifying the process specification. Still get the same error.

We do not want  import user id with "JazzAdmins" permission and that may mess up our production RTC  project area.

What  are the possible reasons for this error message ?( "JazzAdmins" repository permission is required)
Is there way to make this error message  more specific ?
Any clues or workaround for this issue ?

2 answers

permanent link
Udaya Puthuraya (8811421) | answered Sep 24 '13, 3:48 p.m.
Seems   figured out the cause now. 
Looks like the  archived user id  that was  part of  the "Comments" that did not exist in target project area/repo. was causing that. We had replaced all the archived user ids in the contributor type attribute( Created By, Owned By,.. etc.) in the input file.
Was not aware the csv import is sensitive to the user ids in the comments as well.

permanent link
Mallikarjuna Rao Yalamanchili (1) | answered Nov 22 '13, 2:53 a.m.
Can you please update the status if it is because of the user id issue.
To my knowledge RTC would create a dummy user if the user is not present.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.