It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fetch BIRT reports design files from the server?

Prasad Rachuri (1632) | asked Sep 24 '13, 2:00 p.m.
edited Feb 17 '14, 4:47 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hi Team,
I have created few BIRT reports and uploaded to RTC server and using them currently. Due to OS migration I lost Birt reports in my machine. Is there any way to download my reports back to my system from RTC server?.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Sep 25 '13, 8:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To go along with Rafik's workaround, I have filed 2 enhancement requests related to this post:

4 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 24 '13, 4:54 p.m.
I don't think that is possible, currently.  It would be a Swell Thing (r) to have, though as sometimes users can induce RTC coma from ill-written reports and it would be helpful to be able to extract the report design (as an admin) for expert examination.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 25 '13, 8:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is an example where I am trying to load the report design whose ID is: workitems.Burndown from a project area named P1.

The following URL will give me the ID of the attached design file:

https://server:port/ccm/rpt/repository/generic?fields=generic/com.ibm.team.reports.ReportDescriptor[projectArea/name='P1' and id='workitems.Burndown']/(id|contents[key='com.ibm.team.reports.design.rptdesign']/(key|value/contentId))

Look for the ID in the <contentId> element:

<contentId>_MUGpYRWEEeOoR631PXjR0A</contentId>

Use that ID in the following URL to retrieve the design file:

https://server:port/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IContentRestService/content/_MUGpYRWEEeOoR631PXjR0A

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Sep 25 '13, 10:01 a.m.

Rafik,

That is nice to know.

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 25 '13, 12:03 p.m.

Quick question here:  What other attributes of this can be added to (key|value/contentId) ?  Links references are ok (make me fish).

Why does this continue to be blue ?

Aliaksei Gizheuski commented Feb 06 '14, 9:42 a.m.

Hello!

Could you PLEASE provide some example link without placeholders.
I don't understand the notation :(

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Jul 08 '18, 3:53 p.m.
Thanks!
The same approach works in Rational Quality Manager with Rational Publishing Engine DTA files after some modifications.

permanent link
Dominic Jok (6) | answered Jul 28 '16, 2:20 p.m.
Tried it on CLM version 5.0.2 using the method provided by Rafik above, and I am able to get the BIRT report design that I deployed. You need to know the Identifier that you specify when deploying the BIRT report as Report Resource to the CCM server. It does not work for me for the IBM built-in reports "workitems.Burndown", as it does not show the contentId. However, it provides a way for you to get the report design from the server, if your local one on your pc is corrupted.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 28 '16, 2:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The out of the box reports that get bundled with RTC can be found in one of the server bundles:

<server install location>\server\conf\ccm\sites\rtc-commons-update-site\plugins\com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.jar

Please use any zip utility to unjar the above and you will find the BIRT design files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.