It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC 4.0.4 using CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.4.zip file not found

Syd Seitz (612) | asked Sep 24 '13, 11:11 a.m.

Help! I am attempting to install RTC on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard platform using the CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.4.zip file.  I unzipped the file and executed the "launchpad.exe". Shortly after launch, an IBM Installation Manager window popped reporting "file not found" errors (5!) for the following:

"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.jts package specified in the D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-server.xml file cannot be found"  

"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm package specified in the D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-server.xml file cannot be found"  

"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rtc package specified in the D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-server.xml file cannot be found"  

"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rdm package specified in the D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-server.xml file cannot be found"  

"The com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.rqm package specified in the D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-server.xml file cannot be found" 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Sep 25 '13, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As a test I redirected jazz.net to a bogus IP address in my hosts file and I was able to reproduce your error
So it looks like for some reason IM cannot access the repository on Jazz.net on your system.
You may need to download the Full installation manager repository from jazz.net and point installation manager to the top repository.confi file after unzipping it.

Syd Seitz selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Sep 24 '13, 11:17 a.m.
Have you unzipped the entire zip archive and run launchpad from the extract folder, or just opened the archive from a zip file manager and run launchpad from there? You should the former.
If you did, can you check if the missing xml file is physically present on your filesystem?

Comments
Syd Seitz commented Sep 24 '13, 11:44 a.m. | edited Sep 25 '13, 2:50 a.m.

Fully extracted the download with the Windows file extractor.  Then I ran the launchpad.  

I looked at the extracted install-server.xml file.  I see references to those 5 files as

"<offering id="com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.<>"

I really don't understand why it cannot find these files.  Based on the contents of this xml file, I assume it is looking for them at the repository location:  https://jazz.net/download/clm/4.0.4.4.0.4/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository-config

Syd Seitz commented Sep 24 '13, 1:21 p.m. | edited Sep 25 '13, 2:51 a.m.

Correction on my last response, the address link was stated incorrectly ...

https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/4.0.4/4.0.4/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository.config

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Sep 25 '13, 8:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 25 '13, 8:49 a.m.
install-server.xml  is the file that contains the jazz.net repository url
So it should be available on your hard drive.
Were you able to access the repository on jazz.net?
https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/4.0.4/4.0.4/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository.config
It may have just been a temporary network issue
I can get there now so if it was then it seems to be resolved.

Regarding your error, I am not able to reproduce it even by deleting the xml file off my  hard drive.

Do you have an older version of installation manager already installed on that system?
If so there may be some sort of compatibility issue.
If you do have an older version you should attempt to upgrade it
Open IM go to file -> preferences and click "updates" in the left column
Check the box that says "Search for Installation Manager updates"
Restart IM and it should prompt you to install any IM updates
I forget when it asks, you might have to try and install another product before it does.

If you have a newer version of IM you can install directly from there
Although that isn't likely to be your problem since I am at 1.7 which I believe is the latest and I can't repro your issue.

Finally you can try to install using install.exe directly from
D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\

You can add the repository manually to the version of IM you already have installed or when using isntall.exe
Start IM, Choose "file -> preferences", select repositories and paste in the link to the repository
Click OK then click install.

permanent link
Syd Seitz (612) | answered Sep 25 '13, 2:51 p.m.

Thank you for replying!  

Answers to your questopns:

1) install-server.xml  is the file that contains the jazz.net repository url. So it should be available on your hard drive: Yes it is present. 

2)  Were you able to access the repository on jazz.net?
https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/4.0.4/4.0.4/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository.config Yes, I can access the jazz.net site. 

3) Do you have an older version of installation manager already installed on that system? Checking the control pannel, Programs and Features, NO, there is no IBM Installation Manager on this workstation.  Is that my problem?  Should I have installed the IBM Installation Manager prior to the RTC installation? 

4) When I do run the "launchpad.exe", I first select the "Install the Server" option, then I selectd the "Express Installation". Then I select "Install Jazz Team Server, the trial license keys, and the application" link.  Shortly after that click, the IBM Installation Manager windoww pops up and displays the hierarchy of Installation packages ... the first thing listed in the "IBM Installation Manager" (which is checked), then under that it lists "Version 1.6.3.1 ... Will be Installed" (this line is also checked).   Right after that, the the Problem Occurred window pops up as I reported earlier. 

5) Finally you can try to install using install.exe directly from  D:\RTC\CLM-Web_Installer-Win-404\im\win32.win32.x86_64\   I just performed this option.  Looks like the IBM Installation Manager has been installed successfully. I clicked the "Restart Installation Manager" option at the bottom of the display. I cliecked the "Install" option for installing softwar packages. That resulted in an error:  "The folowing repositories are not connected: - https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/4.0.4/4.0.4/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository"  . I suspect not using the launchpad is what is wrong now. 

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Sep 25 '13, 3:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You don't need IM installed, that is part of the web installer.
Do you have a proxy of some sort?
The following repositories are not connected message means that either you put in the wrong password or that url is not available.
And that might make sense of why it isn't working from launchpad too.

permanent link
Syd Seitz (612) | answered Sep 30 '13, 8:41 a.m.

Thank you Karl and Piotr!  

I downloaded the full installation manager repository (JTS-CCM-QM-RM-repo-4.0.4.zip) from jazz net and pointed the IM to the downloaded config file.

Installation was a success.  Evidently I was unable to achieve access to the needed files via the web method.  The reported diagnostics could have been a bit clearer on that, but I'll get past that ;-)     

Thanks again!

Syd 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.