It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find the workspace in which a change set is checked-in (created) and then delivered to the stream using java API?

Vinod Kumar (9612010) | asked Sep 24 '13, 5:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I want to find the workspace from which a change set is originated (created) and delivered to the stream using java API. I have the IChangeSetHandle available with me.

2 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Sep 24 '13, 7:17 a.m.
 Hi,
I think you have to check every single stream using IScmService.changeSetsInWorkspace method. It tells you if a change set is in a workspace (a stream is a workspace) or not.

I don't know a single command to perform a search in all the streams.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 25 '13, 6:06 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot in general tell in what workspace a change set was created, although as I recall, there is some workspace information stored in the work-item/change-set, so you might be able to find it there if there is a work item, and if the work item were associated to the change-set when the change-set was created.  The fact that a workspace contains a change set does not mean it was created there.  Similarly, there is no record of the workspace from which a change-set was delivered (it might not have been delivered from a workspace at all ... it might have been delivered directly from another stream, or might be in the stream because of a "replace" operation).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.