It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a linked attribute to the "column display" in RTC queries?

Michael Taylor (8865764) | asked Sep 23 '13, 12:02 p.m.

I'm selecting a number of children items and I'd like to display some of the parent attributes in the "column display" of the query.  I see that we can add parent and child "conditions" to the query and that is very useful.  How do we add parent or child conditions to the column display?

The web UI also seems to allow the addition of a parent or child link to the column display.  But this column isn't displayed in the eclipse UI.  As useful as the link is in the web UI, we really need to select a few linked attributes directly and display them on the row with the other attributes.

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Sep 24 '13, 7:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, Michael. There is an open Enhancement request for this feature (so I expect it is not currently possible). Feel free to add your support to the work item.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Sep 24 '13, 4:44 a.m.
Hi Michael,
You should look at this thread: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/30702/work-item-query-showing-parentchild-relationships

Let us know if it helps for you.

Comments
Michael Taylor commented Sep 24 '13, 11:12 a.m.

Thank you.  I did review other similar questions before posting this one.  Although I hadn't see the one you suggested.

Regardless, I am aware of the following and have tried both:

• In the Eclipse UI, you could enable the hierarchical view from the
    'Relationships...' menu in the Work Items view's toolbar menu.
  • In the Web UI, you could add the 'Children' attribute as an additional
    column on the 'Result Layout' tab.

We have a fairly large number of parent and child work items to look through so clicking on each parent to expand to see the children or hovering over each link in the web UI is not feasible.  It would be much more efficient to use if the linked value is displayed with each row of the query.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.