It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC / RDp integration - 32 bit ?

Kenneth Munch (13522124) | asked Sep 17 '13, 5:33 a.m.
edited Sep 17 '13, 5:37 a.m.
We're running RTC 4.0.3 on Windows, and would like to integrate with RDp 8.0
From what I can see, RTC Eclipse client comes as a 64 bit only. Since RDp is a 32 bit, we cannot install them in the same package in Installation Manager.
If we cannot install them in the same package, we cannot integrate...
We cannot possibly be using plain .zips, or ?. Any ideas ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Sep 17 '13, 5:59 a.m.
 Hi Kenneth,

Where did you see that the RTC 4.0.3 client came only as 64 bits only?
According the 4.0.3 RTC client system requirements it supports 32 & 64 bit.
According to the System Requirements for RDp 8.0.x, only RTC 3.0.x was marked as supported.
Since you are using RDp 8.0.x, which is normally based on eclipse 3.x, you can try to use the Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install) 4.0.3 (https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.3/RTC-Eclipse-Client-Extension-repo-4.0.3.zip) . This may allow you to install RTC client on top of your RDp 8.0.x package.

I hope this will help you
Francois
Kenneth Munch selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Paul Bailey (1824) | answered Sep 20 '13, 4:40 a.m.
edited Sep 20 '13, 4:43 a.m.
Hi Kenneth,

I think Francois has probably helped you to install OK for now, but the actual problem with RTC 4.0.3 and RDP 8.0.x (and 8.5.x) is the Eclipse version that the software is built on as well as the difference between 32bit and 64bit software. 

RDi v9+ and RTC 4.0.3+ are built with Eclipse v4.2+
RDP v8.0+ and RTC 4.0.2 are built with Eclipse v3.6

Installation Manager can not put software using different versions of Eclipse in the same "package". Look at this technote for more information about which versions of these software packages go into the same installation manager "packages": (https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?q1=1279139&rs=0&uid=swg21279139&cs=utf-8&lang=en&loc=en_US&cc=us)

HTH
-Paul.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.