It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.3 Tomcat and Derby - why am I getting an error connecting to warehouse DB?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Sep 13 '13, 11:13 a.m.
I keep seeing the following error in the ccm.log

2013-09-07 00:02:45,885 [ccm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-3 @@ 00:02] ERROR com.ibm.team.datawarehouse                          - CRJAZ0502I The connection could not be created (vendor="derby_net", location="c:/PROGRA~1/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB").
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0502I The connection could not be created (vendor="derby_net", location="c:/PROGRA~1/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB").
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory.checkConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:168)

Tomcat has been set up to run as a service and after reviewing all the changes everything looks ok. The jts_etl.log looks fine but the ccm_etl.log has no entries.

Any ideas?

One answer

permanent link
Marek Siekierski (817510) | answered Sep 13 '13, 4:23 p.m.
Hi Donald,

Derby DB has a relative path in the teamserver.properties by default. If you run Tomcat as a service, you need to provide an absolute path.

FYI: Derby is not meant to be used as a production DB. You should consider using DB2 instead.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.