It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Queries can still be saved/deleted after disabling Save/Delete Query actions - Is that expected behavior???

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Sep 13 '13, 10:32 a.m.
I am using RTC 4.0.2 (the eclipse client is also v4.0.2 and the browser used for web client is FF ESR 17)

I have an RTC project in which all the "Work Item -> Save Query" and "Work Item -> Delete Query" Permitted Actions are disabled for both the Everyone and Stakeholder roles:

However, both  Everyone and Stakeholder roles can still modify, save and delete Work Item queries. Is this expected behavior or a bug in the product?

Thanks in advance.

Victoria.

2 answers

permanent link
Marek Siekierski (817510) | answered Sep 13 '13, 4:50 p.m.
Hi Victoria,

It looks like you're using the OTB Scrum Process, and I've tried to reproduce the problem but everything works as expected. The users that are not permitted to save or delete a query cannot:
Permission Denied
You don't have permission to perform the following actions: Modify the query conditions (modify/conditions) Share or unshare a query (modify/sharing) Modify other query attributes (modify/other)
The users are able to save and delete their own queries as long as they are not shared on the server.

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Sep 14 '13, 4:34 a.m.
Hi Maria,

do you have a team structure containing parent and sub teams?
Maybe the users which shall not be able to save within the subteam have a role within the parent team which gives them the permission to. Is this possible?

Note:
Permissions will be inherited by the child team from the parent team.

Hope this helps,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.