It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SVN import into RTC

Sandeep Anand (1663) | asked Sep 13 '13, 7:33 a.m.
Hi Forum,

I have downloaded an SVN dump from http://svn-master.apache.org/dump/. And, want to import it into RTC. The steps I followed are:

1) extract the dump file from svn-asf-public-r0:1164363.7z (downloaded from above url). Its a huge 45 gig data. 
2) then, i login into RTC as admin and follow the guidelines given in RTC to import the SVN dump.

it throws the error message :
"Unsupported dump file version: 3"

Can somebody help to understand what wrong am I doing?

BR
Sandeep

2 answers

permanent link
Sandeep Anand (1663) | answered Sep 13 '13, 8:42 a.m.
edited Sep 13 '13, 8:43 a.m.
 Hi Matt,

thanks for your response. I will look into the link.

i guess, i will have to import it into SVN server and then import in version 2 dump from there.

We are evaluating three different tool including RTC for our version management. And we want to import a huge changeset with history into all three so we can compare the end usage results. though, we have a git repository but I think RTC does not support importing changes from GIT.

fortunately other two tools (plasticSCM, STASH) support import from SVN so we downloaded this dump from apache. 

can you suggest any big svn dump (version 2 dump) which I can download and import directly into RTC?

Best Regards
Sandeep

Comments
Matt Lennon commented Sep 13 '13, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sandeep.

I think you're right - create an SVN repo from the version 3 dump, then create a version 2 dump from that repo. That way, you can use the same SVN data to evaluate all three SCM tools. Good luck!

-Matt 

Sandeep Anand commented Sep 13 '13, 9:03 a.m.

Thank you, Matt.

permanent link
Matt Lennon (61225) | answered Sep 13 '13, 8:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Sandeep.

SVN dumpfile version 3 is a delta-based dump, which the RTC SVN importer does not support. You'll need to find or generate a dump file without deltas (i.e. do not specify the --deltas flag when issuing the dump command), which will give you a version 2 dump.

See this forum article for more info:

-Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.