It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attachment duplication

Patrick Kahl (4124) | asked Sep 13 '13, 3:52 a.m.
Hi Community,

I created a non-attribute presentation Attachments.

When I add a second or thrid non-attribute based presentation of the type Attachments unfortunately this will result a duplication/sharing data, e.g. any attachment added in one of the presentations will also be visible in the other one.

I think there is some kind of link or parenting between the Attachments but I don't find the connection.

Has someone a idea how to solve this problem?
Is it possible to create more than one attachment section in one work item? Or is it still default by RTC to build only one section?

Many Thanks.
Patrick

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Kahl (4124) | answered Sep 13 '13, 6:22 a.m.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your answer.
My intention is to create in one tab several sections with various upload options.
When I actually do this, one attachment will be visible in all sections and that's not what I am looking for :-/

e.g. attachment A1 should only be uploaded in section A1 and not even in section A2.

So, I don't duplicate the presentation (I hope to do so), I create it particular also with individual IDs etc.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Sep 13 '13, 7:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think your scenario is supported.

You may open a new enhancement request:

Thanks,
Eric

Patrick Kahl commented Sep 13 '13, 8:32 a.m.

Hm I think the same :-/ But thanks for your support.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Sep 13 '13, 5:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Patrick,
when you duplicate presentation, then you display the same attribute's value(s) in all presentation,
which is expected behavior.

Based on your description, I am not sure what do you intend to achieve here.
Create a new attribute (and presentation) of type attachment?

Thanks,
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.