It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC and EAE Integration

Diego Superbi (15913) | asked Sep 12 '13, 2:13 p.m.
Hello!

I'd like to know if ther is a way to integrate the Enterprise Application Developer (Unisys) with the Rational Team Concert.

Best Regards,

Diego

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 12 '13, 7:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
According to EAD's Version Control Guide (http://public.support.unisys.com/linc/docs2/eae33/pdf/78616133.pdf), EAD has its own built-in version control system, with no indication of it providing integration with other version control systems.  What kind of integration between EAD and RTC were you looking for?

Comments
Diego Superbi commented Sep 16 '13, 4:12 p.m.

Hi, Geoffrey.

I'm thinking about have all the files versions on RTC, and start some EAE commands from the RTC. I'm looking for some integration pack or API that enable me to do that. Do you think it is possible?

Best Regards

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 16 '13, 5:23 p.m. | edited Sep 16 '13, 5:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use RTC to version the information in EAD, as long as:
- EAD writes out its persistent information in the form of files
- EAD supports "refreshing" its IDE data by rereading those files.

Since EAD doesn't advertise support for that scenario, I suspect that they either store their information in some database, rather than as separate files, and/or if they do store the information in files, they are files that cannot be manipulated by a non-EAD agent (such as an SCM system).

In other words, based on EAD's Version Control Guide, I suspect that EAD does not make this possible.   But if you can locate any documentation by EAD on this topic, we could investigate further.

Diego Superbi commented Sep 30 '13, 10:09 a.m.

Thank you, Geoffrey.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.