It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Process Sharing...

Peter Osborne (2921719) | asked Sep 11 '13, 10:13 a.m.
I have created a project area and fully configured it.  I now create new projects areas and share the process from the "template" project area.  Now I am thinking of removing the process sharing selection so we can customize the new area.  My question is that when I do this will I lose all of the configuration inherited from the "template" process?

2 answers

permanent link
jean-claude vauthier (22634856) | answered Sep 11 '13, 10:35 a.m.
Hello Peter,

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do.   If you have a project area which is configured and you choose to share the process (Allow other project areas to use the process configuration from this project area),  then you can create several project areas (for example with the unconfigured process template) and select for each project (Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area).    If you remove the process sharing the behavior of your projects will be governed by their own process template.

Jean-Claude

Comments
Lisa Caten commented Sep 11 '13, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think this is the right answer. I think the first answer addresses behavior of project areas (referred to as master projects in the first answer) and team areas (referred to as child projects in the first answer). If your question is about process sharing, that happens between 2 project areas, not a project area and its team areas.

Bottom line is that yes, if you decide to stop using the shared process of another project for Project A, the Project A reverts to the process defined by the template that was used to create Project A (which might have been Unconfigured or Default or Legacy).

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Sep 11 '13, 10:28 a.m.
It depends on the way you configure it.
If the Master process template allows inheriting projects to customize sections, then you can just customize those sections without losing the original configuration. Below shows the 'Final' configuration which will allow child project areas to further customize what was inherited from the Master.

Otherwise, under the 'process sharing' if you remove the configuration to inherit the process, your project area will no longer inherit the configuration and thus lose it.

Comments
Stephanie Bagot commented Sep 11 '13, 10:29 a.m.

Final configuration

Peter Osborne commented Sep 11 '13, 10:32 a.m.

So for example, all of the permissions I had set previously in template would need to be reconfigured or would they still be there?

Stephanie Bagot commented Sep 11 '13, 10:34 a.m.

It depends on the Final configuration - are you allowing your child project areas to customize this section? If so, keep the project area inheriting from the Master. That way you can ensure no configuration is lost, yet still tweak what needs to be tweaked in the child.

Peter Osborne commented Sep 11 '13, 11:03 a.m.

So, should I uncheck that box?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.