It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Accept All work" in Inbox of RTC eclipse client gives error

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Sep 11 '13, 4:34 a.m.
edited Apr 22 '14, 2:40 a.m.

Hi All,

I have RTC  project area with few server extensions on Pre condition and follow up conditions.

When I do "accept all work" from inbox(RTC eclipse cleint) gives me error on one of follow up condition.

My query is

1: What action( save operation) does it perform on work tickets when I do "Accept all work" ? When I checked work ticket I didnt find any data in history related to "accept all work".

2. Internally current work, future work, Inbox are query? I just want to know the difference in terms of  work item present in Inbox and current work

3. Though It gives error but after that all work tickets will be moved to current or future work. I do have RTC development environment set up with windows server. I cann't run from eclipse client to see the fault in code because it gets hanged, if debug is started from eclipse.

4. Shows "Stale Data" error -CRJAZ6055E The operation cannot be run because the repository contains a newer version of the item it tried to modify. Refresh from the repository and try the operation again. Automatic save is failed.

5. With this I click on "save Manualy" gives internal data error "CRJAZ0223I The following item has been changed by another operation : then shows inernal data for any one WT.

Thanks,

Kavita

Comments
Stephanie Bagot commented Sep 11 '13, 10:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you post the error you see?

kavita herur commented Apr 22 '14, 2:28 a.m.

It shows internal data of any one work ticket. Can I know what query  the Inbox will fetch and on "Accept All Work Ticket" will do any save operation?

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 22 '14, 8:15 a.m.
Hi Kavita,
From article https://jazz.net/library/article/588, the Inbox section of My Work view shows all work items newly assigned to you by someone else.
I could not find any document to explain what operation the "Accept all work" triggers. But from my observation, the Save Work Item operation is executed. If I opened a work item from web, after I clicked "Accept" to move the work item to Current Work section from Eclipse, on webui of the work item page I got a warning "Refresh to get latest updates". So I think even though no attribute of the work item changed, but a save operation is still triggered.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 22 '14, 8:42 a.m. | edited Apr 22 '14, 8:47 a.m.

so, if a save is done, but no attributes change, the 'last modified' value must be changed. I think that is used to trigger the refresh message in the other UI.

my recent job site has had this problem surface (stale data) a few times, only recycling the ccm server has fixed the problem.  they also have some custom pre/post condition handlers installed. (written by me).. we had one workitem that had two parent links..but we couldn't fix it til server recycle.

only one plugin attempts to do any save. but it currently has no configuration records, so exits immediately

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.