It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define work item attribute type?

Ananya Joisa (4552124) | asked Sep 10 '13, 2:40 p.m.
Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom attribute for work items in a repository. The custom attribute should be a dropdown of all build definitions created for the same repository connection. Right now I am able to manually populate an enumeration list. I am trying to make it dynamic such that whenever a build definition is created, the build definition drop down in the work item is updated. Is it possible to create a Work item attribute type which gives a list of build definitions(Similar to contributor or affected teams). Is there any other way? Please guide.

Thank you!
Ananya

2 answers

permanent link
Ananya Joisa (4552124) | answered Sep 10 '13, 3:52 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thank you for replying. Like you said, Item attribute does not have the build definition option. Could you please share the link where I could raise an enhancement request? Thank you.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Sep 11 '13, 12:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Ananya,

I guess you don't need to open a new work item.
Should address your request.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Jodet commented Sep 11 '13, 12:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

For the record, adding the link to open new RTC work items

(available from "My Stuff" tab)

Thanks

Ananya Joisa commented Sep 11 '13, 1:04 a.m.

Thank you Eric!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 10 '13, 2:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe that is possible today. You can try the attribute Item, which allows to select team areas, streams and components. You can set the presentation to some item types, but I don't think, build definitions are supported. However, try it out and consider creating an enhancement request, if what you want is not supported. Please supply a good use case - what is the benefit to the user -if you do so.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.