It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Export to Repository from Excel - Configure mapping file to link to requirements

Zaid Allie (1111) | asked Sep 09 '13, 7:16 a.m.
 Hi All

I have an excel spreed sheet where test cases are composed and then these are exported into the QM repository.
I need to include in the export, a link to specify what requirement these manual test cases are linked to.
Q1. I need assistance on what i should capture on the spreed sheet (new column created) to point to a specific requirement in RQM.
Q2. I need assistance also to configure the mapping file so that this additional info is exported with the rest of the information. * The syntax is what i'm looking for *

Mapping File example:
testcase.XLSStartRow=2
testcase.dc:title=O
testcase.category term="Function".value=C
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition", "RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=K
testcase.Section("myns:TestProcedure","Test Procedure")=L

Regards,
Z

One answer

permanent link
Chenyue Gao (913) | answered Sep 11 '13, 5:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Zaid Allie, thanks for your question. If you need to link the test cases to existing requirements, in the excel you need a cell for each test case to specify the requirement external ID. In the configuration file you need to add testcase.requirement=LinkExisting(the cell of the requirement external ID). If you want to import requirement from excel please look into the sample TestPlan with TestCases 001 linked to requirement 001 shipped with the RQM excel importer. Please refer to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter for information about RQM excel importer. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.