It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How OSLC compliant is RTC?

Chris P (111912) | asked Sep 06 '13, 4:24 p.m.
 For some time now I've been developing an OSLC provider using the Eclipse Lyo project and have RTC be a consumer.  I've been able to get the friend set up, add the association, set up the delegated creation and selection dialogs with hurdles here and there (mostly with OAuth).  Now, when I link a "related change request" from a work item in RTC, I'm getting some errors while trying to save "back links".

RTC tries to retrieve the linked resource as "application/application/x-oslc-cm-change-request+json", something that is not available with the Eclipse Lyo toolkit.  Solution: I created a provider to spit out json for this media type.

RTC then tries to find "oslc_cm:relatedChangeManagement" from the retrieved resource... well... this is not part the OSLC specification either... so Eclipse Lyo doesn't help me there either.

Is RTC OSLC compliant for v2?

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Sep 10 '13, 5:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Chris,
not sure if I can answer your question "Is RTC OSLC compliant for v2?"
which might help you here.

When dealing with backlink creation issues in the context of RTC integration,
I also use the CLM Test App - https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/L3/CLMTestApp

Hope it helps,
Eric.

Comments
Chris P commented Sep 10 '13, 8:42 a.m.

Eric,

Thanks for the link to CLM  Test App, when I try to invoke the "Change Request Picker" for my linked project, the log indicates that it's opening the link (modal popup), but the URI it's providing has "debug=true&" appended to the end of the selector link:

Opening http://localhost/itsm-oslc-adapter/services/myProvider/changeRequests/selectordebug=true&, size: [850px, 350px]

Is this a bug in the test app?

Eric Jodet commented Sep 10 '13, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

umm - not sure

is the URL 
selectordebug=true&, size: [850px, 350px]
or  selector?debug=true&, size: [850px, 350px]

Chris P commented Sep 10 '13, 11:24 a.m.

it was the first, but i fixed the issue.  The link for the test widget had debug=true in it, so i removed it and it worked just fine.

permanent link
Chris P (111912) | answered Sep 10 '13, 4:39 p.m.
 Solved my problem by adding the OSLC-Core-Version header with value of 2.0 to my services response.  Not sure if the Lyo project was supposed to do this for me, or if I missed a configuration somewhere...

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Sep 11 '13, 12:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Chris,

glad your issue is fixed now.

Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.