It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Menu on RTC Dashboard like the one on Jazz.net

Karandeep Chawla (944) | asked Sep 04 '13, 7:55 p.m.
Hi there!

I want to add a custom menu bar (similar to the look and feel of the one on Jazz.net where it says "Products", "Downloads", etc), on the RTC Dashboard. The links will go to other places.

So the RTC Dashboard would look like this:

(Home logo) John Doe's Dashboard
Menu Item 1 Menu Item 2

Does anybody know how I could do this?  Is there a template file that needs to be modified or something?

I've tried to use this for help: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/WebUIBook/WebHome, however I keep running into errors and not sure if I can even get to the end result I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

One answer

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Sep 05 '13, 1:36 a.m.
Hi Karandeep,
you cannot change the "blue bar". But what you can do is to define an extra bar (as done on jazz.net with the black one):

Is this what you want to do?
This can be done either by html or by java script - it's called to create a "Theme". You can find more information here:
WebUITheming

Hope this helps,
Simon

Comments
Karandeep Chawla commented Sep 05 '13, 12:52 p.m.

Simon,

Thanks for the direction!

Karandeep Chawla commented Sep 06 '13, 5:35 p.m.

Simon,

Do you know if it is possible to use jquery when doing this?

Thanks!

Simon Eickel commented Sep 09 '13, 7:38 a.m.

Hi Karandeep,
unfortunately in the description is only written Java Script and HTML. So I doubt that jquery is working but I do not know as I did not test it.
Greetings,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.