It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Are work item decorator icons customizable?

Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | asked Sep 04 '13, 12:00 p.m.
Decorator icons are used to convey status of a workitem.  With defects for example, the icon will either display the regular "bug.gif" or add a status bar or checkmark to the icon depending on the status of the defect.  Is there any way to customize the decoration that is added based on the resolution of a closed work item?  Is there any way to add a decoration to a state belonging to a custom state group? 

2 answers

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Sep 05 '13, 3:25 a.m.
edited Sep 05 '13, 3:29 a.m.
Hi Brian,
As I understand your question you want to change the work item icon in a dependent way to the resolution of a work item - right?

I think this cannot be done.
You can change the icons of the states itself within the work item as described by Karl or you can change the icon of the work item itself. The second part is described here.

But a dependency is not possible. For this you have to open an Enhancement on jazz.net.

The work item icon can be changed in "Types and Attributes":

If you want to add an own icon this has to have 16x16 pixels.

Hope this helps,
Simon

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Sep 04 '13, 12:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 04 '13, 12:59 p.m.
Not sure if this is what you are looking for:
Open the project area in eclipse.
In the configuration column drill down to Workflows
(Project Configuration->Configuration Data -> Work Items -> Workflows)
You can add and change the work flow Icons there.

Comments
Brian Fleming commented Sep 04 '13, 1:15 p.m.

True, but this doesn't seem to have any bearing on the decoration that is displayed on the work item icon.  I'm looking at the icons displayed in the first column of work item query dashboard widgets and immediately before a linked workitem number in the links section of a workitem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.