It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in connecting to RTC client when using LDAP

Vibha Sinha (1643610) | asked Jan 30 '09, 12:28 a.m.
I have configured the RTC 1.0.1 to use LDAP authentication (IBM bluegroups).
I am able to connect to the RTC web client but when I try to connect to using the RTC eclipse based client, I get an authentication failure.

The error is -
Invalid user ID / password logging into 'localhost'.
CRJAZ0105I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService" was denied with an Unauthorized status.

Could someone please help resolve this.

Thanks
- Vibha

3 answers

permanent link
Stefan Hoffmann (14411820) | answered Jan 30 '09, 2:28 a.m.
Hello,

We have had some similar problems with our Domino LDAP. We use WebSphere 6.1, so our LDAP configuration is in Websphere.

First, there is an issue with uppercase userids in LDAP. In our Domino, the Userid is normally stored uppercase in uid-field which is used by the LDAP-configuration. Login from the webclient is case insensitive, so I can use "userid" or "USERID". The RTC client instead requires uppercase (as it is stored in LDAP), the lowercase "userid" version does not work. So I suggest trying uppercase userid in RTC client.

Another problem is, we have a special user for build which userid is stored lowercase in the LDAP. The authentication is working, no problem with that. But authorization fails, Websphere or Jazz are having a problem to find the user in the Domino-Groups. I solved this by adding this special user in the websphere configuration to the JazzUsers-Group, so not using our domino-groups for authorization. Actually, I think this is rather a Domino/Websphere issue, not jazz.

Beside this, has anybody get the user import running with this (domino/websphere 6.1) configuration? We have the same error message with "members" and "cn" fields not in the groups in the jazz LDAP setup, as somebody already posted here.

Cheers,
Stefan

I have configured the RTC 1.0.1 to use LDAP authentication (IBM bluegroups).
I am able to connect to the RTC web client but when I try to connect to using the RTC eclipse based client, I get an authentication failure.

The error is -
Invalid user ID / password logging into 'localhost'.
CRJAZ0105I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService" was denied with an Unauthorized status.

Could someone please help resolve this.

Thanks
- Vibha

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Aug 13 '10, 12:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Eclipse client is case sensitive by default, so ensure you are using the exact uid/password to connect

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jul 17 '14, 3:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had the same problem and after changing the password, I could login successfully.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.