It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to uninstall or reinstall a jazz server plugin (Tomcat)

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Sep 04 '13, 8:18 a.m.
I have developed and deployed a Follow-Up action (operationParticipant) on a tomcat server. Therefore I have created a plugin project, a feature project and an update-site project. Furthermore I have created an .ini file in the folder to "JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles" and copied the update-site project in the folder "JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\sites\hallomartin"

Now I want to reinstall a new version of the plugin. Therefore I first tried to uninstall the plugin. (like described in the library article https://jazz.net/library/article/495/) I have removed the .ini file from the provision_profiles directory, initiate a server reset request and stop and restart your RTC server.

But in the jazz log files there is no information that this plug has been uninstalled. Also in the Server "Provision Status" (https://localhost:9443/ccm/admin?internal=true#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.provisionStatus) there is no information that the plugin has been uninstalled.

And if I add the .ini file again in the provision_profiles directory, initiate a server reset again and restart the server, the log file got an entry that the plugin is already installed. So I am not able to reinstall a new version of my plugin.

So my question is how can I uninstall a plugin or reinstall a new version of the plugin?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 04 '13, 8:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Martin,

you need to delete the .ini file and the related feature and plugin folders. Then you request a server reset on CCM and restart the CCM server). In the component status: https://localhost:9443/ccm/admin?internal=true#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.componentStatus the plugin's component should no longer be visual.

Now you can redeploy the plugins and features and the ini file.

Note, if you just delete the plugins and features and then copy the new verion over that, a server reset and a server restart should re-read the plugins.

Martin Wassermann selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '13, 9:02 a.m.

Yes, that is what I expect. But in the log file there is the information that the feature is installed and that the plugin is uninstalled. And I didn't find the plugin in the tomcat directory.

Is there a way to see all installed plugins in the admin GUI?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '13, 9:05 a.m. | edited Sep 04 '13, 9:06 a.m.

Martin, there is not.

The way I described above always worked for me in the past.

However, you can also follow Eric's hint and delete the deployment folder for CCM in the Webapps folder. In addition delete JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\ccm, which is, as I believe the workspace used by CCM containing cache information.

This will enforce a complete redeploy.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '13, 9:09 a.m.

Martin, to refine my answer, you delete the update site you refer to in the ini file and the ini file. E.g. if you created a site myplugin you would delete JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\sites\myplugin.

Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '13, 9:24 a.m.

Thank you Ralf. After deleting the plugin folder it works ......

2 other answers

permanent link
Martin Wassermann (13864144) | answered Sep 04 '13, 8:53 a.m.
Thanks Eric,
I use the reset of the Jazz Team Server instead of the CCM application.

But if I now look in the log file, there is following issue:
1) CCM connect to my update site (INFO eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0279I Die Verbindung zu "file:/C%3a/PROGRA~1/IBM/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/hallomartin" wurde hergestellt.)
2) CCM install my feature (INFO eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0300I Das Feature "de.rus.rtcextension.hallomartin.feature_1.0.2" wird installiert.)
3) CCM uninstall my plug-in (INFO eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0299I Das Paket aus der URL "file:/C%3a/PROGRA~1/IBM/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/hallomartin/plugins/de.rus.rtcextension.hallomartin.service_1.0.2.jar" wird deinstalliert.)

Why is my plugin uninstalled as last step? And in the Process Configuration in the Eclipse Client I didn't find the Follow-Up action. So, is it correct that the last entry in the ccm log according my plugin is that ccm has uninstalled the plugin?

Comments
Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '13, 8:59 a.m.

And if I look in the folder JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\webapps\ccm\WEB-INF\eclipse\plugins I didn't see my plugin

Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '13, 9:11 a.m.

And also in JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\ccm I didn't find neither the feature.jar nor the plugin.jar.

Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '13, 9:26 a.m.

I found the reason why I didn't find the Follow-Up Action in the Eclipse client. Only closing and reopen the Project Area Editor was not enough. After restarting the eclipse client my Follow-Up Action was displayed correctly.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Sep 04 '13, 8:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Martin,
there are 2 ways to re-provision the apps deployed to your Tomcat server:

1 - Web Browser: go to  https://server:port/app/admin/cmd/requestReset
where app = jts / ccm depending on the App you want to re-deploy

2 - Windows Explorer : go to <rtc_install_dir>\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost
and delete the folder (jts or ccm) corresponding to the App you want to re-deploy

Hope it helps,
Eric

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 04 '13, 10:35 a.m. | edited Sep 04 '13, 10:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

3 - Windows Explorer: stop the server and delete <rtc_install_dir>\server\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\<appContextRoot>\built-on.txt for every app you want to re-deploy. This is essentially what #1 does.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.