It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How a Simple user in CLM connected via Federated Users in WAS can change his password by himself

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11031925) | asked Sep 04 '13, 2:27 a.m.
edited Sep 04 '13, 4:48 p.m. by Stef van Dijk (2.0k179)
There is an urgent need -- where a federated user of WAS connected to CLM, wants to change his password by himself.
I think in the current situation user connected to external registry (as for example in WAS) may not be able to change his own password .[[ Am I Right ? ]]  .

SO , is there any API for WAS which can be used to  Modify, Update old password . If so how it can be used ? Or some kind of Web Services which will expose only the User Id and Password for that user ?

Thanks & Regards

PKC

Prasanta Kumar Chaudhuri

Comments
Chidambaram L commented Nov 26 '13, 7:14 a.m. | edited Nov 26 '13, 7:15 a.m.

Dear Indradri Basu,

I have a client need for the same.
Can you share the script if you already have it.

- Chidambaram.

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Sep 05 '13, 4:07 a.m.
This seems possible but a little scripting is needed. If I have to do this quickly, I will probably take the following approach:

The first script will capture the unique name and the new password of the user who is/are willing to change his/her password. Then, it will call the second script (which can be stored in a location where users don't have access for security reasons) and pass the respective user's unique name and password as arguments.

The second script (can be written in jacl or jython) which will connect to WAS using wsadmin utility and administrative privilege and use the AdminTask object to update the user(s).

Below is a raw example which you can implement via a script.
## Using the wsadmin utility to connect to my App server with admin priviledge
1) wsadmin.bat/sh -lang jython -profileName AppSrv01 -username admin -password admin

## Updating the password for user "clmuser1"
2) AdminTask.updateUser('[-uniqueName uid=clmuser1,o=defaultWIMFileBasedRealm -password newPass -confirmPassword newPass ]')

You can try the above commands using a regular command prompt as well to test.
Hope this helps a bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.