It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when I try to open a Plan in the Eclipse client

Liliana Mercado (646) | asked Sep 03 '13, 2:08 p.m.
Hi all,
          When we try to open a Sprint Plan within Eclipse client, the RTC shows the error atteched below.
Note that: if the plan is open from the web, it works and we are using RTC 4.0.2.

Any idea?
Thanks and Regards!

Liliana

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.client.IterationPlanClient.fetchIterationPlanData(IterationPlanClient.java:397)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.ui.editor.IterationPlanEditorInput$2.resolve(IterationPlanEditorInput.java:143)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.ui.editor.IterationPlanEditorInput$2.resolve(IterationPlanEditorInput.java:1)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$DefaultResolver.resolve(TeamFuture.java:39)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob.execute(TeamFuture.java:112)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob.access$0(TeamFuture.java:110)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob$1.run(TeamFuture.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob.run(TeamFuture.java:93)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

2 answers

permanent link
Liliana Mercado (646) | answered Sep 04 '13, 3:21 p.m.
edited Sep 04 '13, 4:01 p.m.
 Ralph,
             I don't know how the issue was resolved.  Suddenly, the Sprint plans works!
The team did not know to say me what changes were applied today within the Project Area.
Before that the problem was solved  I checked the data that you suggested me and all was Ok ('A release is planned for this iteration', Iterations timetables ok...)

Anyway, do you have any idea that which could be the reason of the error?

Thanks so much for your support.
Regards,

Liliana

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 05 '13, 2:01 a.m. | edited Sep 05 '13, 2:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I don't. I know there are some work items around the plans being more resilient when plan views are broken or data is missing. I was thinking along these lines.

Anyway, I am glad that it is working now.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 04 '13, 3:32 a.m.
Is this for one sprint plan or for all? If you create a new sprint plan, can you open that?

Comments
Liliana Mercado commented Sep 04 '13, 8:29 a.m. | edited Sep 04 '13, 8:35 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

this error is attempting for a Sprint Plan, for a particular Iteration. 
So, if I create a new Sprint Plan for the same iteration and the same Team, the new Plan can not be loaded.

Regards,

Liliana

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '13, 8:37 a.m.

Can you open a sprint plan for another iteration?
Does the iteration that fails have the "A release is planned for this iteration" checked? You should not be able to create the plan if not, but check just in case. Please also check if the iteration date and time looks suspicious.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.