It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Usage of Process Description to define Process Definition of the Project

John Rufus N (1868) | asked Sep 02 '13, 4:21 a.m.
retagged Sep 03 '13, 4:46 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 Hi

I work as a Software Quality Analyst and a part of my work is to help project teams to define their process definition and to tailor the process defined at an organization level to meet the project needs. 
The following are the few question that I have while exploring option to use RTC for Process definition of a Project -
1. Can the 'Process Description' area under 'Manage Project Areas' be used to do Process Definition of the project?
2. Can the 'Process Description' be created under each team area that is contained in a Project Area? 
3. Can we create multiple instances of 'Process Description' under the same project/team area?

I created a sample of the Process Definition and it is attached below with this post. 

Awaiting your valuable comments and suggestions. Process Description Sample

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 02 '13, 5:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As Kot indicates, the answers are Yes, Yes, and No.   Why would you want to have multiple Process Descriptions for the same process area?

One answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Sep 02 '13, 3:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi John,

Not sure if you've seen these articles, but let me just share them with you:

1. Can the 'Process Description' area under 'Manage Project Areas' be used to do Process Definition of the project?
2. Can the 'Process Description' be created under each team area that is contained in a Project Area? 
3. Can we create multiple instances of 'Process Description' under the same project/team area?
==> I don't believe this is possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.