It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does one report on custom Enumerated Lists (Medium Strings) in RRDI, coming from RTC?

David Schmidt (111) | asked Aug 30 '13, 5:27 p.m.
I'm working on queries in RRDI to pull out custom enumerated lists; they're multi-select values that end up as Medium Strings.  This is on 4.0.3 of RTC.

The field values come out of the database like this: "|val.1|val.2|val.3|" and so on.  "val.1" further corresponds to a nice Literal Name over in the Request Enumeration table.  I need a way to tease apart the multiple values and look up their Literal Names.  How best to do this?

Comments
Rama SCM commented Nov 25 '13, 2:39 p.m. | edited Nov 25 '13, 2:40 p.m.

Hi David,

Were you able to figure this out? I am also trying to create a join between enumeration table and Medium String Extension table, but not able to get it working. Any pointers on how to pull enumeration list in RRDI will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Rama

sam detweiler commented Nov 25 '13, 2:43 p.m.

one way many of us have dealt with the multi select list is to edit the project config source and CHANGE the literal string value to match the raw text names.

then the translation requirement goes way down.

Rama SCM commented Nov 26 '13, 10:56 a.m.

Thanks for your comment Sam! Hope that did not cause any issues with the RTC workflow/process itself?

Thanks again!
Rama

sam detweiler commented Nov 26 '13, 11:04 a.m.

No, but you have to remember you did it.. cause when u add a new enum, it doesn't know and will mess up the results unless u go edit again.

Rama SCM commented Nov 26 '13, 11:50 a.m.

Ok. Thanks again!

David Schmidt commented Nov 26 '13, 2:09 p.m.

Since we've already started our project with the symbolic names, it would probably be disruptive to go back and change them now.  So I've done the mapping externally in my processing, which is more complex than a query within the reporter tool, unfortunately.  I was hoping to be able to tie everything up within queries, but doing the mapping at the same time proved to be too much.

sam detweiler commented Nov 26 '13, 4:03 p.m.

I think the values are invisible except during query creation.
I think whenever you synchronize workitems it would change the symbolics (id values).

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
David Schmidt (111) | answered Sep 03 '13, 12:25 p.m.
Thanks, Rafik.  For my subtotaling needs, I think I can do this in a very non-optimal way by searching for each instance of the enumeration in my workitems and tallying those up with a "like '%val.1%'" sort of expression.  As I said, very non-optimal, and I'll need to know the literal substitution values ahead of time, but it's better than nothing.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 03 '13, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David, the current data warehouse schema does not support list type custom attributes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.