It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with migration using JTS 4.0.3 on Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensions Workshop

André Coelho (111) | asked Aug 30 '13, 4:03 p.m.
 Hi.

I'm using JTS 4.0.3. When I try to my migrate my database using the .tar files linked in the workshop page, I got an error (the imported database is in a inconsistent state and can't be used without additional analysis). Looking the log, it says the component "com.ibm.team.repository" in the exported file uses the version "28". But, the import tool can only manipulate the version "32". Because of this, my database can't be populated with the data needed to do the workshop.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks,
André

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Aug 30 '13, 4:13 p.m.
If 4.0.3 is not the version of RTC referenced in the workshop, then the error is expected.  Please use the same version referenced in the work shop.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 30 '13, 6:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, unfortunately your have to run the workshop with exactly the verision mentioned as build basis, We are looking into making it version independent, but that will take time....

One other answer

permanent link
Steve Briand (411717) | answered Sep 03 '13, 8:51 a.m.
 I have executed the workshop using 4.0.3 by installing 4.0 and importing the databases, then following the upgrade process to 4.0.3. If you attempt to import the DBs into 4.0.3 it will not work. There were no significant problems encountered using this approach.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 04 '13, 2:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am looking into making the workshop available on any version by automating project creation and seeding the source code. This would avoid the import process. This will take a while, assuming I can get it done.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.