It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI - How to view current iteration?

Natthapol Prakongpan (122) | asked Aug 29 '13, 5:53 p.m.
retagged Aug 30 '13, 3:33 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
I'm having a hard time finding the right data in RRDI that indicates the project's current iteration. Does anyone know which field/column/data model that will this? I would like to run a report of all work items (requests) in current iteration.

One answer

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Aug 29 '13, 6:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is nothing that I am aware of that will auto-detect the current iteration without some user customization. You could potentially include a filter that looks at the iteration start and end date and if the current date is in between those, then it will display the results. This will indicate the current iteration.

For example, look in the data model at Operational Data Store > Iteration Area > Iteration. Include the items 'Name', 'Start Date' and 'End Date' in your query. Then create a 'Detail Filter' that looks like this. The returned result will be the current iteration. Furthermore, you can join this data with the 'Request Area' to get results for work items.

current_date > [Start Date]
AND
current_date < [End Date]

Comments
Marc Nehme commented Aug 29 '13, 6:48 p.m. | edited Aug 29 '13, 6:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure what version of CLM you are running, but here is a link to the CLM to Data Warehouse mappings for v4.0.1 in Infocenter: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_reference_datadictionary.html

Jackie Albert commented Aug 30 '13, 10:51 a.m.

We use the method Marc outlined to determine the 'current iteration' as well, but one note is that if you have an Iteration hierarchy or overlapping iterations you will get multiple results for that query.... just one thing to look out for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.