It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Installing Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence

Felipe Hernandez (3031116) | asked Aug 28 '13, 6:12 p.m.
retagged Aug 29 '13, 4:51 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 Hi All,

I'm trying to install RRDI but when it comes the time to configure the Data Warehouse it fails. I've put all the information and after the validate process everything seems to be ok, but then I click on the "Create Database" it fails with the next error:

An error occurred while creating your local database
  • Create the local database for the data warehouse.
  • Verifying the data warehouse database parameters and the user privileges, and creating the table space...
  • Generating database objects in the data warehouse database, such as schemas, tables, and views...
An error occurred while creating your local database
hide details
CRRRA0132E: An error happened when running the script. 'com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: CRRRD4710E: Connection to the database cannot be established. Make sure that the connection information, the user, and credentials are valid. Make sure that the driver is properly set up and that the correct communication protocols have been configured on the database. Refer to the DBMS error message and code for details. Error Code: 4710 SQL ERROR: Cannot open database "RIDW" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:35486d46-71d7-43fc-86e8-4705796b405f'.

Anyones has an idea where can be the issue?

I'm using windows server 2008 with MS SQL Server 2008.

Regards,
Felipe.

Comments
Xuan Jiang commented Aug 28 '13, 6:20 p.m.

Are you trying to create local database? Or just setup the DW schema on an existing DB?

Felipe Hernandez commented Aug 28 '13, 6:25 p.m.

I'm trying to create a new Database, but I could do the schema creation too.

Xuan Jiang commented Aug 28 '13, 6:31 p.m.

You can create a new DB by SQL Server Management Studio first, then use RRDI setup create the schema.

BTW - 1) Your MSSQL Server should be configured as mix-authentication mode. 2) The collation of DB should be set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS

Felipe Hernandez commented Aug 28 '13, 7:07 p.m.

The server is set up in that way (since I also have CLM installed) and for the schema how could I do that, because I tried without checking the box of create database and it failed too

2 answers

permanent link
Felipe Hernandez (3031116) | answered Aug 28 '13, 6:14 p.m.
 Sorry, the last part of the post got cropped:

CRRRA0132E: An error happened when running the script. 'com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: CRRRD4710E: Connection to the database cannot be established. Make sure that the connection information, the user, and credentials are valid. Make sure that the driver is properly set up and that the correct communication protocols have been configured on the database. Refer to the DBMS error message and code for details. Error Code: 4710 SQL ERROR: Cannot open database "RIDW" requested by the login. The login failed. ClientConnectionId:35486d46-71d7-43fc-86e8-4705796b405f'.

I'm using windows server 2008 RC 2 with MS SQL 2008.

Regards.

permanent link
Pinglao Zhao (21) | answered Aug 29 '13, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please set the log level to debug in log4j.properties which can be found in "RRDI Installation Folder"\setup\logs and repeat your scenario. If the problem occurs again, please attach rrdi_setup.log which can be found in logs folder too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.