It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JKE Sample Project in PROD Environment

Gaurav Vig (133) | asked Aug 28 '13, 4:14 p.m.
The information centers for CLM mentions not to create a sample project in the PROD environment but does not mention why this should not be done. I am looking for a place for my new users to get to practice and learn (nothing better than the vendor supplied project) and thought of adding it to the same server. 

Using a test environment and getting users access to it seems a lot more complicated. Can somebody point me to disadvantages of having the sample project in PROD?

2 answers

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131411) | answered Aug 29 '13, 4:15 a.m.
Another thing to be aware of - is if you are building reports in RRDI or Insight - make sure you exclude the sample project - otherwise you will get some spurious results.

Steve

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 29 '13, 2:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It all depends upon how you wish to use the Money That Matters Sample.

You can create the RRC (and CLM) sample in a production environment  but if you want to allow users to follow the help tutorials, proof-of-concept and use the defined sample users (e.g. Marco, Bob, Ursula, Al, Tammy, Tanuj and Deb - because of their customized personal dashboards) then it will be necessary to both add the sample users to you production authentication environment (e.g. ldap) as well as allocating them various CLM licenses.

If you are not worried about using the sample users and help content, and having test data, then you could make the choice to create the sample in a production environment and have people use the sample so long as they know this is project is only for learning.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.