It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom attributes of type 'Deliverable' does not show up in editor'

Thomas Wiman (3123) | asked Aug 27 '13, 11:11 a.m.

I have created a custom attribute 'Delieverd In' of type 'Deliverable' (In the same way as the build in 'Found In' attribute). I have then added a widget for that new attribute in the corresponding Work Item Editor, the kind of the widget is set to "Release".
When I invoke the editor for creating a new work item, the added widget is not visible in the editor, not even the label is visible. Other custom attributes works fine in the editor, the only problem is with the attribute of type 'Deliverable'

Is there a bug in presenting custom attributes of type 'Deliverable' in an editor, or am I doing something wrong?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 27 '13, 1:00 p.m. | edited Aug 28 '13, 12:35 a.m.

tell us more..

rtc version, ...

we had a case like that a while back, turns out the project we were editing was a child of a master, AND
the master had workitems marked as 'Final'.. meaning the client could make all the changes it wanted, but none were honored.

but I also added a similar attribute to defects and had no problems, on 3.0.1.1 and 4.0.1

sam

Thomas Wiman commented Aug 27 '13, 2:13 p.m. | edited Aug 28 '13, 12:35 a.m.

Jazz foundation 4.0.2 build RJF-I20130222-1204
RTC 4.0.2  build RTC-I20130222-1633

I am using the Scrum Process Template

The only configuration done to the template is renaming one work item type (Defect->Bug), adding a few custom attributes and updating the corresponding editors with widgets for the new custom attributes.

/Thomas

sam detweiler commented Aug 27 '13, 2:22 p.m.

do all the other custom attributes show up as expected?

Thomas Wiman commented Aug 27 '13, 2:32 p.m. | edited Aug 28 '13, 12:36 a.m.

Yes, all other custom attributes show up as expected.

There are of type small string and enumerations list (multiple literals allowed)

3 answers

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Aug 28 '13, 2:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you synchronized the existing work items to the take the new work item attribute.
It can be done from the work item query on RTC eclipse client only.

permanent link
Thomas Wiman (3123) | answered Aug 28 '13, 3:42 a.m.

Thanks, that solved my problem.

My custom attributes now show up as expected in the editors.

/Thomas 

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 28 '13, 7:46 a.m.

but you said 'When I invoke the editor for creating a new work item'.  Synchronize only helps for existing workitems.

permanent link
Thomas Wiman (3123) | answered Aug 28 '13, 8:02 a.m.

Yes, I had the problem that the custom attribute was not visible in the editor when creating a new work item.

However, just before I did the synchronization I tried to create a new work item once more and the custom attribute was suddenly visible in the editor. I don´t know if that because of some lateness. But the bottom line is that both creating new work items and editing existing work items works fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.