It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting Test Cases to Excel

Philip Johnson (30910) | asked Aug 27 '13, 10:08 a.m.
 Hi,

I am looking to export test case information, with test script steps into an excel document.

I cannot see this functionality in the user interface. I know there is the ability to upload test cases with test script steps from excel using the RQM importer plug in for excel. Does anyone know if the reverse plug in exists to convert from the RQM database into excel format?

Thanks,
Phil

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 27 '13, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Phillip,
Yes, you will need to use the REST API to capture the details of a Test Case
An example of the syntax would look like this;

https://clm401:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/LPA+project+1+%28Quality+Management%29/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:32

where the ...
Public URI is clm401:9443
QM Project are is LPA+project+1+%28Quality+Management%29
Test Case ID is 32

You can use any type of HTTP client to run the request (i.e. Poster, cURL..etc)
You can also write a quick program the would output a range of ID's to automate the process

Thanks

Ara

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 27 '13, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Phillip,
There is an option in the 'Browse Test Case' view that you can download to a CSV file; this will give a list of test cases. If you want the actual data (The XML) you'll need to use the REST API https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

Comments
Philip Johnson commented Aug 27 '13, 12:49 p.m.

Thanks Ara,

What i am trying to do is export multiple test cases with test script step information, into one excel document.

I'm guessing I will need the REST API for this, because the .csv export only gives a one line summary of each test case?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.