It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to meassure the project size in storage

Felipe Hernandez (3031116) | asked Aug 26 '13, 8:06 p.m.
 Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a way to meassure the size of a project, how much is it taking from the database and check if there is a way to compress it so it doesn't take much space.

Regards,
Felipe.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Oct 11 '13, 2:45 a.m.
Hi Feilipe,
Maybye I will have a luck to help you :)
We can check which objects are using the most space in your database:
I believe that it was already similar quesiton on jazz.net forum.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/21799/how-do-i-find-out-database-info-such-as-size-etc
and
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/111357/how-to-check-which-tables-are-using-the-most-space

Please run the report from the second link and provide us the output. It might be helpful for you.
Felipe Hernandez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Felipe Hernandez commented Oct 14 '13, 7:44 p.m. | edited Oct 14 '13, 7:50 p.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Here is the digested result of the report

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 15 '13, 2:58 a.m.

Hi Felipe,
I would expect the report having more lines. Is it entire report page? Or only part of it? Did you have to wait for a long time for loading it?

Felipe Hernandez commented Oct 16 '13, 2:27 p.m. | edited Oct 16 '13, 2:27 p.m.

Is only part of it, and I didn't have to wait long for it, only a couple of minutes to have the information.

I only left the lines where there was a lot of usage.

2 other answers

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378108) | answered Aug 27 '13, 7:47 a.m.
There is a predefined report called "Latest Repository Metrics"

This has to be applied to each project area and will print out the current space statistics.

greetings georg.

Comments
Felipe Hernandez commented Aug 27 '13, 6:16 p.m. | edited Oct 13 '13, 5:24 p.m.

Hi thanks for the response but I haven't been able to find those report, where I can find them? I'm new to the tool so if you could point me to the instructions I'll be really grateful.

Regards,
Felipe.

Jia Jia Li commented Sep 23 '13, 10:35 a.m. | edited Oct 13 '13, 5:26 p.m.

I think ankur has give the useful link contains "How to deploy the report template"

• Setup the Rich Client (see above).
  • Right-click on the  Report Templates  folder.
  • Select  Deploy New Templates... .
  • In the  Select a Project Area or Team Area  dialog, select the root node which is the target project area.
  • In the  Report Templates To Deploy  dialog, check all the BIRT report templates you want to deploy.
    • Select normal-sized parent report templates if you want to view the report in the Reports Web UI (e.g.  Execution Status using Weight ).
    • Select the micro-sized child report templates ( Micro* ) if you want to view the report in a viewlet on Dashboards (e.g.  Micro Execution Status using Weight ).
  • Click "OK".
  • Repeat the process for each target project area.

Felipe Hernandez commented Oct 10 '13, 2:22 p.m. | edited Oct 13 '13, 5:24 p.m.

Ok so I finally was able to Activate the reports that you recommended Execution Status using Weight and Micro Execution Status using Weight but these reports talk about the weight given on the tests and no the actual size of the project in the database, which is what I'm looking for.

So thanks for your input but I still need a way to figure out why my database went from 6 gb to almost 33 gb and which project is taking the more space.

Regards,
Felipe.

Georg Kellner commented Oct 14 '13, 5:58 a.m.

Have you seen the "Latest Repository Metrics" report/template?

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Aug 27 '13, 3:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There are a bunch of repository and datawarehouse metrics report shipped with CLM server. These reports will help you estimate the size of the repository based on different parameters.

This link will help you with how to deploy them
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/HowToDeployBIRTReportTemplates#Deploying_New_Reports

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.